Friday, January 27, 2012

#16 New Client

I was recently contacted by a roommate from my Disney College Program days. Her name is Donielle Fisher better known to me as Doni. While at Disney we became close. Now she is getting married. I will be doing her invitations and RSVP cards.



How we met..
4 years ago I worked at a very elite hotel spa resort, in which focused on healthy living. So to promote this aspect even more they brought in interns from India and Peru. Giancarlo was one of these interns who got placed as a cook in the kitchen. I worked at the front desk and guest services, in which we provided snacks for our guests. This required me to go into our kitchen to grab fruits and crackers and hummus for our healthy guests. This is where we first saw each other; of course nothing was said as we were both doing our jobs. I sat in our employee cafeteria for lunch one day a few weeks later and he walked over to my table and began to talk to me. His English wasn’t perfect, but he was understandable. After that day, we hung out numerous times, from playing mini golf, to him cooking me dinner, to a road trip to Tombstone, Arizona. Then he traveled back to Peru once his internship was over, and I thought so was our friendship, but I was wrong. 3 years later, after many emails, he came back to Tucson to see me again. And this time we knew we didn’t want to wait another 3 years to see each other again.

The Proposal-
After another 7 months of being apart from each other, I came to Peru to be with him. On the 8th of November he wanted to take me out to dinner at the restaurant in the hotel he works for, called Mesa 18 in the Miraflores Park Hotel.  We arrive at a beautiful elegant restaurant and are walked to a pre-assigned table. Unlike all the other tables ours was decked out with a vase of my favorite flower, calla lilies, and had a heart made of rose pedals placed in the middle of the table.  We ordered a bottle of champagne and a couple main dishes. Along with our food came rolls of bread in the shape of hearts. After we finished our main dishes, we awaited dessert. All of a sudden our song, Ill be there, by Green Eyed Stare started paying throughout the restaurant and 3 waiters walked up to our table, one with our desserts, one with a tray of chocolate covered strawberries and another with a bouquet of roses. At this point, all of the kitchen staff was standing outside of the kitchen watching us break into our chocolate heart desserts. I cracked mine open to fine jelly candies with a string attached to a white gold sapphire ring. I pulled it out and Gian got up and came over to my side, and down on one leg. He grabbed my right hand and attempted to take off my ring. I found out later that it is the custom here to wear the ring on the right hand in Peru. I handed him my left hand and gave him a wink. He told me he loved me with all his heart and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. And then asked if I would marry him. Of course I said yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment