Monday, January 9, 2012

#13 New Client

So far 2012 has been a great year. Just before the new year, I was contacted by a college roommate. She has contacted me about doing her Save the Dates and Wedding invitations. Below is the story of  her and her fiancĂ© in her own words.

It was the summer of 2010, and I had just finished up my second year teaching. Having the whole summer off, I spent it traveling. When I got back to Houston in July, I decided to give online dating a second try. Earlier in the summer, I had tried one dating site and nothing happened. As a teacher, you don't meet a lot of single guys and the bar scene was not my thing. I decided to give Match.com a try. One day, when I was looking at some profiles, I came across Mike's. His profile was different than anybody else's I had read. So, I winked at him. A couple of days later, he emailed. We emailed back and forth a couple of times, and then exchanged numbers. In our first phone conversation, Mike asked me out. Of course, I said yes! But, I offered to cook him dinner instead of going out. He thought that was a great idea, and I went to his house the next night. Basically, I won him over with my cooking! Just kidding! We've been together ever since. Our first date was August 29, 2010. On December 20, 2012, Mike came home from work and I met him in the garage like I always do. He gave me a hug, but one of his hands was in his pocket. Very unusual for him. I was about to ask him why, when he said "I'm glad I'm home. I have an important question to ask you." Then, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said "yes!" and started crying. We are getting married on July 22, 2012 and can't wait!!
She was inspired by the paper goods I made for the Dill/Ellender wedding. The theme of her wedding is Texas meets Louisiana. The bride is from Texas and the groom is from Louisiana. The colors are eggplant and white.

I am looking forward to working with these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment