Friday, March 30, 2012

#20 Invitation Suite for Himber Wedding

Wedding Invitation
I know it has been a while since I posted something. Sorry for the length but the Himber Wedding Invitation Suite has a lot of elements.

Invitation
RSVP Postcard
Direction Card
Accommodation Card

The bride and groom were very easy to work with. Like I have said in a previous post, the bride was a college roommate of mine. When she messaged me on Facebook about designing the paper goods for her wedding, I was both thrilled and excited.

Designing wedding invitations is sort of both scary and exciting at the same time. A Save the Date is the first thing an invited guest sees about the wedding; it sort of sets the tone on what that guest thinks the wedding is about. So when the invitations go out, it sort of adds to what the guest is thinking.
Close-Up Detail

I like to work closely with the couple since it is their day not mine. The bride told me that the wedding was definitely a southern wedding with flares of Louisiana and Texas.

At first, I didn't know how I was going to accomplish that task. The bride was inspired by my cousin's wedding. She was having similar colors, so I went from the there. 

I am a designer who loves typography, so messing around with fonts is right up my ally. I think we went through four or five different invitations before settling on the one we ended up with. After the basic invite was decided on, we still did a little bit of tweaking. When all was said and done, both the couple and I were excited about what came out.
Detail of the Invite: The Image
RSVP Postcard
I wanted to say that the RSVP postcard was my favorite element of the invitation suite. We came up with something I think is beautifully done.

Front
The image is of the wedding venue. Thanks to Adobe Photoshop I was able to make the image look more vintage and romantic. The bride and groom decided not to put any words on the front not to take away from the image.
Back
The back of the postcard had to be beautiful yet functional. It had to incorporate all of the information need for the guests to RSVP to the wedding. Again, we went with a vintage feel to go with the front of the card. 
Detail

Accommodation Card


Direction Card


All in all, I think everything turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment